Sunday, 31 March 2013

MAKE UP | Top 5 nail polishes for spring!

Hello, another post from me as I'm going to try and step up my game as I have the next two weeks free from college work and other life drama's! This is going to be a post on my top 5 nail polish picks for spring time!


(Apologies for the crap quality picture!)
Left to right: Mavala 'Sapporo' / Mavala 'Honolulu' / Essie 'Fiji' / Barry M 'Peach Melba' / Models Own 'Beach party'

My first pick is my all time favourite nude which I think is appropriate for all year round, which is 'Sapporo' by Mavala. The application of this nail polish is great, and you can easily get away with one coat and it usually lasts well on my nails in comparison to other brands.

Second pick for spring time nails is another Mavala nail polish, called 'Honolulu'. This is more of a recent purchase and I can definitely see me getting more use out of it during spring time if I want a more colourful and girly look.

Essie 'Fiji' is my third pick for a more neutral option, it is so beautiful on tanned skin so I will use this once we finally get some sunshine! I find this colour is quite tricky to apply and not make it go on streaky, but if I get it right I think it's a great nail polish choice!

As pastels are always a trend for spring I think a good choice would be 'Peach Melba' by Barry M. Over all a good nail polish taking in the price point, application and their colour range.

My last and most statement nail polish is Models Own 'Beach party' from their Hed Kandi range. I can see this colour easily taking me through from spring time to summer as it's such a bold and fun colour! Definitely one to pick when you're feeling brave. 


Hope you've enjoyed going through my top 5 picks for spring, leave some of your favourites in the comment as I'd love to know. As always, thanks for reading! Xo


No comments:

Post a Comment